Water Heater Repair Services in Englewood, CO
Is your home’s water heater on the verge of failure? Since 1985, the team at Cronen Plumbing & Heating Inc. has ensured that homeowners in Englewood and the surrounding areas have plenty of hot water when it’s needed. Whether the home has a tankless, natural gas, or electric water heater, we’re here to give the care it deserves.
Why Do Water Heaters Fail?
Water heaters are simple machines, but they, like all others, occasionally break down. In the sections below, we’ll discuss the most common water heater-related reasons for homeowners to request Plumbing Services.
- Oxidation. Water heaters have parts known as anode rods, which prevent tanks from corroding internally. If the sacrificial rods aren’t replaced intermittently, the tank will oxidize and eventually leak. If the system includes a water softener, change the rod every two years; if it doesn’t, the rod may last up to six years before it needs to be replaced.
- External corrosion. The inside of a water heater’s tank is coated, but the exterior is not. Therefore, water leaks from fittings and valves may cause rust that leads to tank failure.
- Built-up sediment. The heating of hard water leads to the creation of calcium carbonate. The resulting sedimentary buildup leaves a layer at the bottom of the tank, which insulates it from the anode rod’s protective properties and increases the chances of lower element problems.
- Incorrect sizing. Using a too-small water heater and putting a strain on it will decrease the unit’s life expectancy. An undersized system will not be able to endure repeated cycles of contraction and expansion. Thankfully, plumbing professionals can help Englewood’s homeowners choose the proper size unit for their homes, decreasing the chances of future problems and lengthening the unit’s useful life.
- Excessive water pressure. A water pressure reading that exceeds 80 psi may damage the water heater’s tank, as well as pipes and appliances. Even if the water pressure at the street is lower, backflow devices close systems and create thermal expansion that raises pressure to 125 psi or higher.
Are there problems with the home’s water heater? Is it rusty, or has the anode rod failed? Is the tank full of sediment? No matter the problem, we can solve it. Request more information online or call today to schedule water heater repairs.
Even the smallest leak in a water heater can cause a lot of damage to the inside of a home, so it’s important to address leaks quickly. In many instances, leaks are repairable without replacing the entire unit. First, we’ll determine the leak’s origins, and then we’ll get right to work.
While it’s important to clean up spilled water, the underlying issue will not go away without treatment. If the tank is leaking, cut the water supply and fuel source before checking the unit. The most common problem areas are drain valves, pressure relief valves, pipe outlets and inlets, and cracked tanks. Excessive inbound water pressure may also cause issues. Regardless of what’s causing the problem, you can count on us for friendly, fast water heater repair service in Englewood and nearby towns.
Our technicians will perform a detailed inspection of the entire system. First, we’ll drain the tank and find out where the issue lies. Then, we’ll recommend solutions, including repairs or replacement. We’re here to help Englewood’s homeowners find the most cost-effective options, so call us today.
Maintenance Prevents Many Water Heater Problems
With proper maintenance, it’s possible to boost the longevity, efficiency, and performance of residential water heaters. Regular tank flushes eliminate the debris and sediment that can build up in the bottom of the unit, preventing serious damage. We’ll flush the tank, check the water temperature, inspect the pressure release valve, and insulate the pipe and tank to improve the unit’s performance. Let us help your water heater last as long as possible! Call today to schedule a visit from one of our licensed, insured, and background checked plumbers.
Contact the Team at Cronen Plumbing & Heating Today
Water heaters are complex machines, and as such, they need professional care and maintenance. Don’t try to solve the problem yourself; let us do it! From installation and maintenance to repair and replacement, we’re the Englewood area’s preferred provider of water heater service.
Whether you’re dealing with a minor problem or a major issue, it pays to have a team of professionals on your side. Call Cronen Plumbing & Heating to get a free quote, schedule emergency service, or learn more about our company. We look forward to serving you!